Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:40:11 -0700
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Joaqu=EDn_Hern=E1ndez_Rico?=" <joaquinh01@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP4 accessing Sybase with freetds

> > I have not succeeded getting the native FreeBSD Sybase libraries to
build
> > anything like PHP of SybPerl on a 4.x FreeBSD box. It might have to do
with
> > the
> > fact that FreeBSD 3.x emulates Redhat 5.x and FreeBSD 4.x emulates
redHat 6.x
> > but I am not sure...
>
> The FreeBSD Sybase Libraries don't work, AFAIK, I tried and it didn't work
at all.

Do you remember what kind of error messages you were getting?

>  The freetds implementation worked fine for me, there are couple of bugs,
but
>  it works, although I am only using it in conjunction with PHP4 and
Apache.
>  If you need further info (and how to set it up), please have a look at
>  http://www.imdat.de/php/php4.html and at
>  http://www.imdat.de/php/sybase_php_freetds_bug.txt

Thanks,  I had seen your instructions before, very helpful...

 Reinoud, your assumption is correct, it is Sybase Anywhere 7.0.
Previously, I had followed Imdat's instructions as far as the various
configuration files.   Today I will try starting at the beginning...

Unfortunately,  our DBA is not the most cooperative individual and he is
rather NT-centric...  but I know there has to be an ''accessible" way of
communicating with SA from fBSD, for the data-gathering part of our system
runs on QNX...

I with give it another try, and if you are interested,   I will post my
findings....

Thank you,
Joaquin Hernandez-Rico